Follow us on ...


A teacher who has been appointed to a Public Institution, Teachers Union, non-profit making educational institution or Parastatal should:

  • Submit an application to the Commission in writing through the head of institution or agent and attach a copy of the appointment letter, a letter of acceptance of the offer and a TSC clearance certificate from the head of institution in order to be released.

  • The benefits from the teaching service are suspended until one retires with benefits from the institution he/she was released to.



A teacher on permanent and pensionable terms can resign from service after giving three months’ notice in writing or pay one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice. Resignation will not attract any pension benefits. However, a male teacher who resigns or is dismissed from service is entitled to WCPS refund. Such a teacher should write claiming the refund.